This is a very easy dessert to make. It only requires four ingredients and can be made within an hour and also making these cake pops is great fun too.
The ingredients needed for this dessert are a chocolate sponge cake/brownie/chocolate cupcake (leftover cake can be used too minus the cream), everyones favourite Nutella, Dark Chocolate and your choice of sprinkles (you can definitely pop your creative side with this). This is a zero egg dessert if you can get the chocolate cake/brownie/cupcake that are eggless.
Do try this especially if you have kids. They would love these cake pops and it would be great if your kid could lend a hand in preparing this with you.
Prep Time: 1 hour
- One basic sponge cake/ 4-5 brownies/ 5-6 chocolate cupcakes
- 4-5 tablespoons of Nutella
- Dark chocolate bar 200gm
- Bamboo skewers
- Colourful sprinkles of your choice
- Crush the chocolate cake/ brownie/ cupcakes using your hands in a bowl.
- Add Nutella to the crushed cake i.e., 4-5 tbsp or as per your taste preference. Nutella adds moisture and flavour to the pops.
- Mix it nicely with your hands until it all comes together to form a dough like consistency. Add more Nutella if the dough seems dry and knead it again.
- With a scooper or spoon take a considerable amount of portion of the mix and create round shape with your hands and keep it in the fridge for 25-30 mins for it to firm up a little.
- Take them out of the fridge. Melt the dark chocolate using double boil technique or use a microwave till it becomes a ribbon like consistency. (If its too thick, add a little bit of water and stir nicely until the right consistency is obtained).
- Dip 2cms of the tip of the skewers into the chocolate glaze and insert the skewers into the cake pops, not more than 3/4th of the pops.
- Using a spoon, coat the cake pops with the chocolate glaze and let the excess chocolate drip off. Directly dipping the chocolate pops with the skewer on may sometime make the pops fall off the skewers.
- Keep it in the fridge for 5-7 mins until the dark chocolate has dried up a bit but not fully.
- Sprinkle your choice of sprinkles on the cake pops and again refrigerate it for 30 mins or more for it to firm up. And its ready to eat.