Chilli Garlic Prawns is a starter that is a non-vegetarian’s delight because its lipsmackingly good. Its got a great balance between sweet, sour and spicy and its a flavour bomb in your palate because its got a hint of the zesty lemon, sweet chilli sauce, garlic with some mild hit of red chilli. Try this one you guys, you’re gonna love it.
- Sweet Red Chilli Sauce: 4 tbsp
- Crushed Red Chilli: 2 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves: 12-15 nos
- Prawns/Shrimps (with tail intact): 8-12 nos
- Lemon Zest (grated): 2 tsps
- Fresh Coriander Sprigs: 12-15
- Parsley Sprigs: 2-3
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil (or Sunflower/Vegetable Oil): 4 tbsps+for frying
- Lettuce Leaves: 4-5
- Rocket Leaves (optional): 4-5
- Into a mixing bowl, add crushed garlic, sweet red chilli sauce, crushed red chillies and grated lemon zest. To this add roughly chopped coriander and parsley sprigs, juice of 1 lemon, 4 tbsp olive oil. If you’d like, you can keep aside a tbsp of this to marinate the salad leaves later(this is completely optional, you can have the leaves without the marinate also).
- Add the prawns into the marinade and mix it well.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan and shallow fry the marinated prawns till evenly done from both sides or till the prawns are perfectly cooked. Don’t fry it till the prawns turn golden, it is supposed to be succulent or perfectly cooked.
- Prepare a bed of the salad leaves (marinated or not marinated) on a serving platter and place the cooked prawns on top and serve hot.
Recipe from Sanjeev Kapoor.