Cajun Chicken Pasta is a dish that I’ve recreated from one of my favourite restaurants Chili’s. This dish is one of my favourites because it reminds me of the great fun times that I’ve had with my best friend. Everytime I have this dish, its like an instant time traveller..takes me back to those good old memories and the first bite of it always bring a smile on my face remembering those great times. That is the beauty of food..it creates fond memories, lifelong friendships, happy moments and lasting impressions.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
- Penne Pasta: 1/2 packet
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts: 2
- Cajun Seasoning: 1 tbsp
- Butter (unsalted): 3 tbsp
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Cream: 1/2 cup
- Garlic Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Freshly Grated Parmesan: 1/3 cup plus 3 tbsp
- Diced Tomato: 1
- Coriander Leaves or Flat Leaf Parsley: 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Cook Penne pasta as per the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half to get thin piece for it to cook perfectly. Pat dry the chicken with a paper towel and thoroughly dust both sides with Cajun seasoning and little bit of salt(both pasta and the sauce will have salt added to them).
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp of butter. Add seasoned chicken and cook it through completely, about 5 to 6 mins for each side. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsps of butter to the pan, along with 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup cream, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper and 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese. Stir until combined and remove from heat.
- Toss the cooked penne pasta into the sauce and slowly combine the pasta with the sauce. Divide onto the plates, slice chicken and place it atop pasta. Sprinkle each plate with some grated parmesan cheese, diced tomatoes and parsley and serve.