Inspired from the Sunday brunch, here is a Hawaiian Chicken Slider recipe that can feature on your table if you are hosting a brunch or a party. This is a very tropical dish that contains mango and pineapple in the slaw which is very refreshing and its a perfectly balanced dish with the acidity from the apple cider vinegar, spiciness from the onions and sourness from the sauces.
- Chicken breasts: 3
- Tomato ketchup: 1/3 cup
- Brown sugar: 1/3 cup
- Soy sauce: 1/3 cup
- Pineapple juiced (canned or normal): 1/4 cup
- Olive oil: 4 tbsp and 2 tbsp for slaw
- Garlic (minced): 4 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 1 tbsp for marinade and 1/4 cup for slaw
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pineapple cut into cubes: 1/2 cup
- Mango (ripe) cut into cubes: 1 nos
- Red cabbage finely shredded: 1/2 a cabbage
- Red onion: 1 (chopped)
- Spring onion thinly sliced: 3 nos
- Coriander or Cilantro leaves roughly chopped: 1/4 cup
- Small buns: 6-8
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade i.e., tomato ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, canned pineapple juice, 4 tbsp olive oil, minced garlic and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Mix it nicely till the brown sugar dissolves and keep some marinade aside and pour the rest over the chicken and marinate it minimum for an hour or overnight.
- Once the chicken is marinated, cook it over a pan till cooked for for atleast 5-6 mins per side. Shred the chicken after cooked and add 3-4 tbsps of the kept aside marinade over the shredded chicken and mix well.
- For the pineapple and mango slaw, combine1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp sugar and some salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Combine the pineapple, mango and red cabbage and onion in a bowl. Season it with some salt and pepper, add the dressing to it and toss to coat. Add the spring onions and coriander leaves and toss again. Keep it in the refrigerator before serving.
- For assembling the chicken sliders, cut the buns on the middle leaving one edge intact. First place some shredded chicken and on top of that place the slaw. Repeat the step with the rest of the buns.
Recipe from Tabitha Blue