Have you decided on your Easter lunch menu yet? If you haven’t decided on the dessert, here is an aery decadent chocolate mousse recipe that you can prepare on the previous day and take out of the fridge right before serving. This Easter indulge in some rich and creamy chocolate mousse with your loved ones.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Setting Time: 4-5 hours or overnight
- Dark Chocolate Bar: 200 gm
- Tiny Pinch of Salt
- Butter: 1 tbsp
- Cream: 300 ml
- Vanilla Extract: 1 tsp
- Sugar: 2 heap tbsp
- Eggs: 2 ( 1 egg yolk and 2 egg whites)
- Roughly chop the dark chocolate bars into small pieces and melt it in a double boil along with a pinch of salt and butter. The salt enhances the flavour of the chocolate and makes it more chocolaty.
- In another bowl, whisk cream till it thickens a bit. Add vanilla extract, sugar and one egg yolk and whisk again till combined.
- Whisk 2 egg whites in a bowl till it gains a thick foam like consistency. The right consistency is when the whisked egg white won’t fall if the bowl is turned upside down. Combine the egg whites slowly into the chocolate mix in a circular motion using a spatula or spoon. If you stir it vigorously, the egg white looses its bubbles and the mousse won’t be aery.
- Transfer the mousse into a container with lid on and keep it in the fridge for atleast 4-5 hours or overnight and serve with fruits when ready.