If you love chicken paired with some lime and herbs, this dish is definitely the one for you. Lime and coriander chicken strips is healthy cooking at its best. I’ve used chicken breasts here which is a great source of lean protein, low in fat and low in carb. It is marinated with fresh coriander leaves, zest and juice of a lime, green chillies, garlic, a dash of sunflower oil and cooked on a pan till perfectly cooked or light golden in colour.
If you are focusing on a clean and healthy diet, add this to your daily meal plan. You can pair it up with some plain boiled rice or roti with your choice of steamed greens and serve hot. It will surely make your meal interesting and zesty.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Chicken Breasts: 4-5
- Lime: 1
- Fresh Coriander (cilantro) leaves chopped: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 2 cloves crushed
- Green Chilli: 1-2 chopped
- Sunflower Oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder
- Finely grate the zest of the lime and juice the lime. In a bowl, add 1 teaspoon of lime zest, juice of the lime, chopped coriander, crushed garlic and finely chopped chilli.
- Add the chicken breasts and coat it nicely with the marinade. Season it with salt and add black pepper powder if necessary as the marinade already contains chopped green chillies.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked and golden brown.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and cut in half or thin strips as you require and serve hot.