Who can say no to a pizza, that too if it’s fresh and homemade..!! It is a very simple recipe that I found in a cookbook and is an authentic Italian pizza is with fresh tomato pesto, mozzarella, basil leaves and some chicken. The pesto I’ve used here is homemade by blitzing 1 1/4 cup of tomato, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 cup fresh basil leaves, 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1/4 cup olive oil. The pesto can be stored in a refrigerator for 7-10 days and can be used as a sauce for both pasta and pizza or you can use a readymade bottled tomato pesto. The chicken used in the pizza is simply seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked in a pan for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cut into thin slices. I have used a readymade pizza base here.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
- Pizza bases or crusts: 2 nos
- Tomato pesto: 1/2 cup
- Cooked chicken (sliced): 1 cup
- Mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves: 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree C. Place the pizza base one at a time on a baking tray. Spread the base evenly with the pesto.
- Scatter the sliced chicken over the pizza base. Slice the mozzarella into small pieces and arrange over the pizza.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes at 200 degree C or until the pizza crust is golden brown. Take it out and scatter with fresh basil leaves, cut into wedges and serve