A chocolate brownie is a universal favourite and is a dessert that is mostly ordered at a restaurant or cafe at the end of a meal. It is also a dessert that can be easily prepared at home. The recipe I’ve posted below is a very simple one and the ingredients are mostly the ones you have in your pantry or available in the nearest supermarkets. Try this recipe at home because there is nothing more tastier than a hot freshly baked brownie which you can share with your family and friends.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 35 mins
- Refined Flour: 100 g
- Butter: 75 g
- Eggs: 2 nos
- Chopped Almonds: 3 tbsp
- Powdered Sugar: 80 g
- Baking Powder: 1 tsp
- Chocolate Essence: 1 tsp
- Cocoa Powder: 2 tbsp
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Milk (to adjust the consistency at the end)
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree celsius. In a mixing bowl add powdered sugar and butter and beat well with a whisker. Add eggs and chocolate essence and again whisk it well until combined.
- Sieve in flour with baking powder to the butter mixture and mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder with half cup of hot water and add it to the flour and butter mixture. Add chopped almonds and give it a good stir. If the mixture is bit thick add necessary amount of milk to get a ribbon like consistency.
- Grease a cake tin with butter and dust it with some flour. Pour in the mixture to the cake tin. Put it on a low rack in the oven and bake it at 180 degress for 35 minutes. When ready, take it out and let it cool before you cut it.