Chocolate and hazelnut is a combination that is very hard to resist. It is a match made in heaven. That is the sole reason why we head over heels love Nutella. Here’s a easy no-bake, eggless cookie recipe made with only 5 ingredients that tastes heavenly. The cookies are topped and coated with toasted hazelnuts. You can toast it either in a microwave oven at 180 degree celsius for 5-10 minutes or in a pan over a medium heat till it turns golden and crunchy.
Prep Time: 30 mins plus chilling
Makes: about 3 dozen
- Cream cheese (soft and spreadable): 200 g
- Semi sweet chocolate: 1 cup
- Nutella: 1/2 cup
- Digestive biscuit (crumbs) or graham cracker crumbs: 2 1/4 cups
- Hazelnuts (toasted and chopped): 1 cup
- Toasted whole hazelnuts: 1 cup
- Mix together cream cheese, melted semi sweet chocolate and Nutella until blended. Stir in the biscuit or graham cracker crumbs until mixed well. Keep the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Take little bit of the mixture and shape into balls. Roll it in chopped hazelnuts and on top of the cookie, place a whole hazelnut. Continue the same steps for the rest of the mixture. Once made, place each cookie individually on top of a baking paper cut into small square shape. You can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.